Tue, Oct 19|
Freedom for Fremont x Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking: October Training
Join us for an important training on how human trafficking is impacting our state and region. We hope to see you!
Time & Location
Oct 19, 2021, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM MST
E-Free Church, 3000 E Main St, Cañon City, CO 81212, USA
About the Event
Join the Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking in collaboration with the Freedom for Fremont Anti-human Trafficking Task Force for an important training on how human trafficking is impacting our state and region. The crime of human trafficking intersects with many other vulnerabilities and experiences. Those who experience trafficking may also be victims of other crimes like wage theft, child abuse or domestic violence, they may be experiencing homelessness, or they may suffer from mental illness or substance misuse. Because these vulnerable populations often come into the purview of law enforcement, healthcare providers, child welfare, and other service providers, it is vital for them to receive this training. Please note: The first half of this training will be a human trafficking 101, open to the public (8:30-10:30). The second half (10:45-1pm) will be a deeper dive for those professionals most likely to come into contact with a survivor in their work.
We will provide breaks to allow you to help yourself to breakfast, lunch and snacks!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Regional and local law enforcement.
- Healthcare and public health professionals.
- Behavioral and mental health providers.
- First responders (Fire and EMS).
- Victim service providers.
- Educators and school staff District attorneys, judges and judicial staff.
- Anyone interested in joining the fight to end human trafficking.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to identify human trafficking situations and potential victims.
- How to better understand trauma and the complexities of disclosure.
- How Fremont County and communities across Colorado are responding to human trafficking.
- How to connect to local anti-trafficking and victim support resources and develop protocols to protect and support survivors.
Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided by the Freedom for Fremont Anti-human Trafficking Task Force!